Thursday, January 10, 2013

Vashon Island

Over the winter break I visited Vashon Island and their glorious quilt shop, Island Quilter. So much great fabric in one store! I was in heaven. It reminded me of a library - Rows and rows of fabric.




Katie Pedersen of Sew Katie Did had a couple of quilts on display along with information about her classes. I sure would love to go back and take one!

This is what I came home with. There was a big sale going on and you could apply the store wide sale to the marked down fabric.

We took the ferry over from Gig Harbor. It's a quick ride, maybe 15 minutes tops.

It was my parents' first time to drive on the a ferry. I get a kick out of being with my parents when it is their first time to do something. They've traveled lots in their lives. Dad will be 70 next year.

They have a beautiful light house on the island.

Look at this big ship that was going by as the sun set. Mom said this was one of her favorite days in WA.


Oh, Jack! And of course Dad (the photographer) played along.

The indoor skatepark on the island is small, but very colorful. Best of all it's a dry spot to skate in the winter months here. Jack has been several times.


Mom and Dad


I can't believe it has taken me 5 years to get over there! Ill be heading back soon.

Kris

Laying next to me as I blog :-D

7 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun and that fabric shop looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!!! She's my favorite vendor at our yearly quilt show, here in Pendleton. I've been wanting to go to her store for a few years now!! She always has the best fabric at the show, and I'm sure it's only a fraction of what's at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look like you had a wonderful time...fun pics along with a fabric store filled with 'quilty' goodness..thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a wonderful place...and the fabric shop has me turning a little green ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all that gorgeous fabric! Love your selection... The VW buses make me smile! Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete