Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy and Sad

It's raining here today - - a great day to finish a quilt top!  The kids are back in school and so I am back sewing.  I am SO HAPPY to report I finished a quilt TOP today!  This is from the "Chasing Chevrons Quilt Along" and the pattern is by Jennifer from thatgirlthatquilt. 

I am happy with it!


This is my first time using grey and I really like it.  I think Duke likes it, too!


I'm going to add a border so that it is just a little bigger.  My guys are asking for a quilt that covers them from head to toe when they lay on the couch.  Plus you have to add some inches for Duke crawling on top of you and snuggling in on top of the quilt, next to you. 


I thought Duke might enjoy modeling the quilt top in use - at first he wasn't sure.


But then he started to get toasty under it and said, "Well ok, but only if you let me close my eyes."


Doggie dreamin' on a rainy Tuesday afternoon..

I'm hoping to see my #1 son soon, he is due home before long.  He had a rough day yesterday and was feeling blue.  I made a nice dinner and a brownie dessert last night to sort of pull the family together around the dinner table, in support of his troubles.  (teenage love)  I was going to put a smiley face on the brownie in an attempt to say, "cheer up lad, look on the bright side, you have so much going for you, you are loved by many, you just got accepted to the college of your dreams, you are smart, cute.......but a smile didn't feel right so instead I did this:



and told him I was sad for him.  Then I teared up and left the room to get my emotions under control!  If my kids are hurting....I hurt, too.  Back to a more cheerful post tomorrow, I promise!

I am linking up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story.


Kris






4 comments:

  1. Love the quilt so far!!! Very nice :) Growing up can be so difficult at times....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is amazing and Duke you are fantastic model! You look so snuggly! And goodness teenagers. I only have the pups and a 6 year old niece, but my heart goes out to you. Sometimes a frowny is just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt top is AWESOME! Love that quilt along!! Very sweet to do for you son, I think you did the right thing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt top, can't wait to start my chasing chevrons quilt! Love your dessert for your son....I am the same, I take on my kids' hurts and I think I feel worse than they do sometimes! He is lucky to have a mom who has his back.

    ReplyDelete